Apply to the Honors College
Ready for the Challenge?
Discover in the lab. Perform in the recital. Create in the studio. Serve in the community. Lead in organizations. Travel around the globe.
While you begin your studies in an honors freshman seminar and honors sections of introductory courses, the Honors College also provides you with both the challenge and support as you complete your Honors Thesis, a substantial research project mentored by a professor in your field of study. In the Honors College at Georgia Southern you will:
- Join a diverse community of scholars in the classroom and in the Honors Living Learning Community.
- Enroll in small classes that are capped at 25 students and taught by dedicated professors who design new approaches to the material to emphasize critical thinking and creativity.
- Engage in experiential learning opportunities beyond the classroom to enhance professional development including service-learning, leadership, and internships.
- Participate in faculty-mentored research and creative projects that culminate in an Honors Thesis. Students become experts in their topics and their thesis will show future employers and graduate schools their initiative and perseverance.
- Travel around the world and develop global perspectives.
- Take no extra time to a degree. In fact, about a third of honors students finish in less than four years!
Join a Community of Scholars
A college education begins in the classroom, but it does not end there. Experiential and service-learning activities will engage you in meaningful opportunities to grow personally and professionally. Our community of scholars includes a diverse population who share a common commitment to academic excellence.
- Experiential Learning opportunities
- Living Learning Community dedicated to freshman success
- Honors student organizations to facilitate involvement
Launch Your Future with Distinction
Your experience in the Honors College will set you up for success. The honors diploma you will earn shows that you have taken a more challenging and intentional path through college. You will join other honors alumni in attending the best graduate schools and in achieving rewarding careers.
- Demonstrate to employers your initiative and abilities
- Build your profile of service and engagement
- Develop a habit of asking questions and finding solutions
One Honors College, Multiple Campuses
To be a student in the Honors College at Georgia Southern is to be immersed in the inquiry and creativity found in a community of scholars dedicated to research and a lifetime of learning.
On both the Statesboro and Armstrong campuses, students can take advantage of the full range of opportunities the College has to offer. As the College grows so will its presence on the Liberty Campus and in online offerings.
Last updated: 1/14/2021